Versatile SaladCourse: Main, SidesDifficulty: Easy
Salad does not have to be boring! To emphasize I'll demonstrate a recipe with not a single leaf in the recipe! The Recipes are also completely meat flexible, add whatever meat you like!
400g of your choice of meat (boiled/poached eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken, anything works, but I would recommend fish)
Half medium onion, sliced thin
Medium carrot, sliced thin or shredded
20g pine nuts (any nuts work, soaked or sprouted are better)
Half red pepper, sliced thin
- Sauce (crucial! Every salad is made with its sauce! If you ever had a bad salad, it had a bad sauce.)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar, lemon, or lime juice works well too
2 cloves garlic, minced
Any spare minced herbs You like (cilantro, parsley, etc.)
Cayenne pepper if you like some spice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix salad vegetables and whichever meat you chose (chopped into bite size pieces) together in a large bowl.
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients together in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add salad dressing to bowl with vegetables and meat and mix together, ensuring an even coat of dressing.
- Garnish with nuts and herbs.