To make this recipe, it is essential to use fresh eggs and whisk them well to make them light and fluffy. While cooking the omelette, use low heat and stir the mixture regularly to avoid sticking to the pan. The addition of a knob of butter enhances the creaminess and taste.
Scrambled Egg OmeletteCourse: Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
This an easy keto recipe for your breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can combine it with different meat or vegetable fillings and sprinkle it with your favourite seasoning.
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
30-50g butter, ghee, or coconut oil
Olive oil to drizzle
Meat fillings: cheese, precooked chicken, ham, sausage, fish, beef etc.
Vegetable fillings: onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, peppers etc.
Spices: Chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, pepper, celery salt, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Add eggs and additional yolks to a bowl
- Whisk furiously until completely combined
- Add your choice of ghee, butter or coconut oil. Ensure the fat is warm enough to liquid.
- Continue to whisk furiously until all the fat is emulsified into the eggs
- (Optional) Add any additional ingredients you choose
- Pour mixture into a cold pan and put on maximum heat.
Stir continuously until you begin to see the egg solidifying at the bottom of the pan
- Turn the temperature down to medium-low and do not stop stirring. It's important to bring the temperature of the liquid up to ensure even cooking.
- At this point, we can choose between traditional scrambled eggs or a scrambled egg omelette.
- For classic scrambled eggs continue to stir until 90% of the liquid has solidified, at this point add salt, mix well and serve immediately.
- For a scrambled egg omelette, after half of the mixture has solidified and all the liquid has reached a warm temperature, add the salt, mix, then stop stirring and leave the eggs to form together into an omelette. Folding is optional at this point. Once all the egg has solidified, serve immediately.
- Although I suggest this as a breakfast, feel free to enjoy it whenever you feel like it!
- Pair with a fresh, green salad.
- The Nutrition Facts sheet was calculated with coconut oil.