Salmon Lettuce WrapCourse: Sides, Snacks, Breakfast, MainDifficulty: Easy
Summer calls for simpler and refreshing meals; this quick salmon recipe is cooling and colourful without comprising a depth of flavour.
Wild Salmon fillet, boiled
1 ½ eggs, boiled
3 tbsp Coconut oil
1 olive oil
- Poach the salmon: Prepare salmon poaching liquid. Place water and salt in a pot wide enough to hold the salmon fillet. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 8 minutes. Remove from poaching liquid and place in a bowl. Once the salmon has cooled to the touch, break up gently into large flakes.
- Boil the eggs and chop them. An avocado must be chopped into little squares.
- Add eggs and avocado to the bowl where the salmon flakes are.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil and 3 tbsp of coconut oil, sea salt, pepper and toss gently.
- Prepare your lettuce wraps and add a large dollop of your mixture.
- Fold up the lettuce wrap and eat!
- You can add some poached egg on top of your wrap or boil an egg yolk for 2 minutes, and you will have that creamy feeling while eating.
- This mixture can be used to eat as it is if you don't want to make wraps.