Calorie-Up ShakeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
650 - 900kcal
A quick high nutrient, high-calorie shake to make sure you're hitting your daily requirements.
4 Whole large eggs
4 egg yolks and 30g protein powder (for egg white sensitivities)
30g coconut oil (2 tbsp)
1/2 cup low-carb vegetable juice
50g yoghurt, kefir, or sour cream
Cacao or cocoa powder to make a chocolate shake
- For whole eggs; simply crack 4 whole eggs into the blender. If sensitive to egg whites: Carefully remove all white from the egg yolk, you may even have to remove the membrane surrounding the egg yolk with care. Add 4 egg yolks to a blender, followed by 30g protein powder.
- Add liquid coconut oil to a blender.
- Add vegetable juice to a blender.
- Add any additional optional ingredients you wish.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Serve and consume immediately.
- I would recommend an animal-based protein powder if you use one. Animal protein powders have a more appropriate blend of amino acids to nourish your body.
- This shake is best consumed cool, but not cold. Too cold and the coconut oil will solidify, which isn't very pleasant.
- I only listed a few popular optional ingredients. Assuming you keep the egg yolks, coconut oil, and vegetable juice ingredients as a core of the recipe, feel free to add anything that works well for you (peanut butter, spirulina, supplement powders, frozen fruit, etc.)
- If you're eating higher carbs or can't digest this much fat and want to replace it with some carbs, you can swap some of the coconut oil for a banana or some honey.