Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a classic British soup that is both hearty and comforting. This soup is perfect for cold winter nights and can be made in a matter of minutes. This recipe is a delicious way to enjoy the goodness of vegetables and the richness of cheese.
Broccoli and Stilton SoupCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
Another versatile meal, all soup is as easy as boil some vegetables and blend them up with some fat! This is my personal favourite soup recipe
50g butter, or any other cooking fat
1 large onion, roughly chopped
1 Medium leek, roughly chopped
½ tsp dried chilli flakes, plus extra to garnish
3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
450g broccoli, cut into florets
1L strong vegetable stock or meat stock
100g Stilton, crumbled
Herbs to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion for 10 min until softened.
- Add the chilli, thyme, and garlic and cook for 10 mins before adding the broccoli, leek, and stock.
- Bring up to the boil, then simmer for at least 15 mins, until all the veg is softened.
- You can also leave it in a crackpot overnight. Add half of the Stilton and any extra butter or fat you wish to add to increase the creaminess.
- Carefully blend the soup until completely smooth, then check the seasoning.
- Serve into bowls and crumble the remaining Stilton onto the top, drizzle some olive oil and herbs to garnish.